Stocks are surging.
In morning trade on Thursday, the Dow was up as much as 212 points, the S&P 500 was up as much as 27 points, and the Nasdaq was up as much as 59 points.
All of the major averages were up better than 1.2%.
The bounceback in stocks follows losses on Wednesday as each of the US stock indexes lost more than 1.5%.
In morning trade on Thursday, oil was still falling, with WTI crude trading below $61 a barrel and touching as low as $60.09 at one point.
Retail sales grew 0.7% month-on-month in November better than the 0.4% that was expected, while initial jobless claims fell to 294,000 last week.
read full article
- LEAKED: Sony Exec Calls Kevin Hart A 'Whore' For Requesting Money To Promote His Movies On Social Media
- Here Are The Best And Worst Mobile Banking Apps
- Record numbers trying and dying to reach Europe: UN
- New 'LuxLeaks' release drags Disney, Microsoft into tax scandal
- Shanghai, Greece set off global stocks rout but US escapes
Page 5 of 377